Hallmarks on pewter utensils

by E. Carlson
(Olympia, Wa.)

Are the "graphics, initials, etc." on the back of pewter utensils called Hallmarks? If they are not hallmarks, what are they called? If you only deal with gold & silver hallmarks, is there anyone you can refer me to who might be able to answer my questions. I am trying to discover information as to origins of some pewter utensil pieces.

Click here to read or post comments

Return to Hallmark Help .