Victorian? Ring Markings
I have a supposedly victorian ring which has a variety of hallmarks on it:
2) a crown in a box with all corners cut off (gold?)
3) 18 in a box with all corners cut off (18k?)
4) an anchor (which I think is Birmingham)
5) a P in a box with all corners cut off which looks italic font with a curl at the top
6) the word PLAT (platinum?)
My research has led me down a blind path with contradictory answers so I was wondering if you could help?
Click here to read or post comments
Return to Hallmark Help .