Vintage Unmarked Gold

by Peter
(California, USA)

Greetings. I have an antique American religious piece that acid tests as 12ct gold (the company did in fact use this standard) from about 1890.

It is completely devoid of hallmarks. Is there a way to have the piece professional assayed and marked now?


Although you mention it's an American religious piece -try contacting the Goldsmiths Company Assay Office. They will be able to point you in the right direction. Contact the Goldsmiths Company Here...

Click here to read or post comments

Return to Hallmark Help .